Tuesday, January 6, 2009

camping out or hobo, you decide.

We got our first winter heating bill. It was $435, ridiculous. Most of it has to do with bad insulation and a home that was built way before my Dad was born....actually maybe way before my grandfather was born....

Anyways, we turned the heat down to 58, meaning the pipes wont freeze but i may loose a few toes due to frost bite, but hey we will have money in the bank! Okay so my bfeeee from middle school onward sent me the worlds latest wedding gift (her words!) and it was superb timing. With it we bought a space heater (score!). So a the moment i am wearing two pairs of socks, a long sleeve shirt with a hoodie over it, a pair of leggings with basketball pants over it. We are getting new beds delivered tomorrow (we bought them before Christmas and before the autrocios heating bill) so in preperation we have moved the old bed out. I have the mattress in the living room on the floor. I guess thats when i felt like i was camping out, i have all the layers on and the space heater going, now all i need are some graham crackers, marshmellows, hershey bars and wire hangers.....wooooo!!!

FYI Tyson finishes his masters next Feburary.
FYI part duex Iowa is fricken cold.

1 comment:

Allison the Meep said...

Yay! I am so glad the gift card came in handy! I just subscribed to your blog, so I'll see all your new updates!

XOXO